Sunday, August 15, 2010

My first post.....

Often I stare lazily at the horizon pondering,"What have I done with my life? What is so remarkable?" My thoughts run around each an every nook and corner of my brain searching each file and folder for any bit that could be produced as an answer satisfying this query. The tired grey cells stressed out with the hectic city life, brush off these queries and doze off. My thoughts return with the message,"Nothing, nothing that matters really".


Nothing? How is that possible? What about that prize I won at school? What about that essay competition I won? What about that exam I topped, and that scholarship I won; what about all those friends who love me, guys who stood by me; all those games won, all the medals, all those citations; all those teachers who said I made them proud; all those pretty girls that eyed me, the girl that loved me so dearly; my lovely wife? What about all those people I met, all the hard earned experiences? Do they really amount to 'Nothing'?


Memories return in flashes, random but powerful, un-organised yet meaningful; like fireflies on a new moon night, right there in front but never yielding to pursuit. I never had the habit of writing a journal, never felt the need too. I thought it was for the more fashionable type; I am a very simple person, what need have I of a memoir. It couldn't possibly hurt anybody, for a nobody like me to leave this world unsung of. But with age, I gained in experience.Every experience taught me something so my knowledge grew. With knowledge, I dared to try and understand life, things going on around me. After futile attempts at understanding the nuances of life and all the unthinkable situations it throws up, I finally understood that life is not all about what's going on the outside, it's more about what's within and that which is evolving very fast. Even as we sit and wonder , about how everything changes, we often miss out on a very subtle truth, that we ourselves are changing too. Small, seemingly inconsequential occurrences can swing our perspectives by several degrees.


We are what we choose to be, our persona are actually the reflections of the choices we make. Every small choice we make each day, depends on how we look at the available alternatives, how we perceive them. Our  perspectives are just like the filters that photographers use. A color correction filter, a contrast enhancement, or say a sepia tone filter so on and so forth. Sorry, no its not about photography I want to ramble. My point is that just like these photographic filters, our perspectives decide what we see, what we understand of it and how we react to it.


So, cutting all the idle banter, the point is that I have realized that maybe keying in my thoughts once in a while doesn't really harm me or anyone.On the contrary it may help to track the evolution of my perspectives of life and the world, my progress as a cultivated advanced hominid.


That is why................... PASSING THOUGHTS...

5 comments:

  1. Good one to start with dude! Keep doing and especially I liked the theme of "Looking in". You are good at vocabulary and paraphrasing man. May be you can think of writing a book down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud............u started writing. Its the best way to express urself nd after reading ur blog hats off to u. very crisp nd interesting. It reminds me my childhood days, school, neighbours, college etc.keep it up...so dat we can also pass our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good effort dude..to look into the newer dimensions of achievements/happiness (we seldom notice in our run to achieve newer heights).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Balaji and Debashree for ur encouragement. But sorry Balaji, a book is definitely not what's down the line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a good one Abhigyan..I must say you have a knack for writing and you have penned down your thoughts nicely...and i'll second with you ...life actually moves at such a fast pace that at times we forget to count our blessings...

    ReplyDelete